Dayngrous Discourse

Monday, October 17, 2011

Returning to Canada

Postcards for the Dayngrous Duo

I just realized that I never blogged about traveling to Canada again, back in September. Canada is beautiful. If you've never been, you must go for a visit. Regrettably, I didn't get out to do much sightseeing, since I was there primarily for business. Plus, I had just received some heartbreaking family news that didn't leave me feeling like partying it up was appropriate.I'd previously visited Canada in the Winter, so coming back to see the beginnings of Fall was a nice treat and the cooler weather was welcomed!

Jen Seeley was a wonderful hostess and gave me a fun Canadian experience. She introduced me to Smarties (which aren't at all like our Smarties) and to Kinder Surprise.

Smarties a bit like M&Ms. I brought some home for the Daynrgous Duo, they had no complaints!

Kinder Surprises are hollow chocolate eggs with toys inside - illegal here in the U.S. but plentiful in Canada. The joke is that American kids aren't smart enough to eat them without choking on the toy inside. Naturally, I smuggled two home for the kids, after all, I am Dayngrous. I'm happy to report they loved them as much as I did and they did not choke.

Very much like the chocolate Easter Eggs we have here in the states, except for what's hiding inside. Surprise!


Open the Chocolate Egg and there's a plastic capsule inside with a surprise waiting to be discovered.

Mine had a mini race car inside, which I tucked away to take home to the Dayngr Boy. All in all it was a great trip, very productive and I'll be sure to share more photos. Hope you'll swing by and take a look.
post signature


{ Tags: , , , , , , , , , , }

2 comment(s):

The egg surprise is an awesome idea! I wish we did have them here in the states, I'd totally buy them for my kids.

By Blogger Myya, at October 17, 2011 12:18 PM  

We lived in South Africa for a bit and the Smarties were like M&M's over there.

By Blogger Candice, at October 17, 2011 10:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home