Dayngrous Discourse

Saturday, October 13, 2012

You Cotton Picker

I've been a bad little blogger! Since moving from Miami to the Crystal Coast of North Carolina I've been so busy I haven't been very good about daily blogging. I'm going to have to spend an entire weekend catching up with blog posts and photos. We have had some fun. 

I did manage to get the kids rooms outfitted with beds and bedding and some decor before school started in August. Bonus for sure. My whole goal during the move was to get here and give the kids an entire month in their new house to get acclimated.  Mission accomplished. Pictures to follow in the next few posts!

The cotton fields are bursting around here and most are left abandoned. I thought it would be fun to show the kids exactly what cotton looks like and perhaps even pick a piece. Here's cotton straight from the field.



They weren't too hip on getting out there among the brush but I thought they should check it out anyway. At least now they can say they've picked a piece of cotton straight from the field and they can't ever say they don't know where cotton comes from.  

post signature


{ Tags: , , , , , , , , }

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home